Welcome to the updated Monyash Website
We’re now mobile-friendly and more accessible. Our menu is a bit different and the look and feel of the site are new, but the content is pretty much unchanged.
Check out the News below and explore the site using the links in the menu at the top of the page.
This site contains pages of information about our village; b&b and holiday cottage accommodation, weather forecasts, maps and directions, parish council meeting papers and minutes, local amenities and events, the village’s history, and lots more…
Photographs by Mike Williams
- There is a vacancy for the Parish Councillor. Details for enquiring about the role and expressing an interest are in this document which you can view or download. The closing date for applications is 29th August.
- The Ceilidh which got postponed because of the pandemic is back on! It will be held on Saturday 24th September in the Village Hall, as you can see in our Diary. Details including how to book are on this poster which you can view or download.
- The Monyash Quilters’ show on 6th/7th August was so successful that they’re donating £650 to Christie’s NHS Foundation Trust and £650 to Support Dogs. Thank you to everyone who supported the event.
- The churches in the White Peak and Youlgreave benefices have scheduled services to the end of 2022. They all now use a national website designed specifically to share church information and you will find full details on St Leonard’s page here.
- After missing two years due to the pandemic, the White Peak Walk was staged again on 9th July. The organisers were able to donate to many local causes and you can read or download their report on the 2022 WPW here.
- The County Council has released the timetable for the mobile library service from August to early November. You can find the Monyash dates in our Diary here and full details from the Council on their Mobile Library webpage here.
- We’ve kindly been sent photos of the Adults’ Well Dressings from 1978 and 2013. We’re always happy to get more old Wells Dressing photos so if you have any you’d be willing to share (suitably credited, of course), please let us know. We’ve also added 2022 pictures. Check out our Well Dressing pages for details.
- There is a vacancy for the Parish Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer. Details of the role and how to apply are in this document which you can view or download. The closing date for applications is 19th August.
- Under the heading “Ukraine. Hope, and Unchanging Truth”, the church shares “A new light arrives”, a poem from Gideon Heugh, who writes for Tearfund and is a poet and environmentalist. You can read or download it here.
- Following the invasion of Ukraine, the church draws our attention to the joint statement from Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby and Archbishop of York Stephen Cottrell, who have condemned the Russian attack on Ukraine as “an act of great evil”. Their statement in full is on this page on the Church of England website.
Visit the St Leonard’s page here for more details on our church’s reaction.
- Pilates classes continue on Tuesday evenings from 18:00-19:00 in Monyash Village Hall. Thanks to everyone for their continued support. There’s a flyer that you can view or download here.
Visit our News page for more details.
If you can’t find any information which you think might be useful, or if you think we have missed something out, please e-mail us from our “Contact Us” page, which you can find in the menu bar at the top of every page. We will be pleased to read your suggestions.