Welcome to the Monyash Website
Check out the News below and explore the site using the links in the menu at the top of the page.
This site contains pages of information about our village; b&b and holiday cottage accommodation, weather forecasts, maps and directions, parish council meeting papers and minutes, local amenities and events, the village’s history, and lots more…
Photographs by Mike Williams
- Emergency carriageway repairs are taking place on the A515 between Tagg Lane and Parsley Hay. There’s a temporary reduced speed limit in force during this period, partly 30mph and partly 40mph. You can find full details on this page on the one.network website.
- You can now contact individual Parish Councillors. This extends the process we recently put in place where you can contact the Parish Council via the Parish Clerk. More details are on the Parish Councillors page here.
- Pilates classes continue in Monyash Village Hall on Tuesday evenings from 18:00-19:00 and, in a session for men, Wednesdays from 19:30-20:30 – except the first Wednesday in the month when the class is at Flagg Village Hall. Hatha Yoga classes are from 19:15-20:20 on Thursdays. Check our Pilates and Yoga page for details and our diary for dates.
- 🗞️📰 The February edition of our village monthly printed newsletter is now out. You can view or download it here. All the back issues are available on the dedicated Monyash Newsletter page here.
- 100 Club subscriptions are due in February and you can pay at The Old Smith in cash or by card. It’s a great way to support the play park – a really good village asset which benefits Monyash children as well as visitors. There’s a monthly draw for a prize of £10, with December’s draw worth £50 – all this for just £10. If you don’t already have a 100 Club number, please do consider joining.
- If you’re interested in planning applications in and around Monyash, don’t forget to check our new planning webpage here from time to time. They are listed with by date of application but they can be sorted in several ways, including by date updated.
- The February Diocesan message is from Archdeacon Nicky. You can read or download it here.
- There will be Holy Communion services at St Leonard’s on 14th and 21st February. As 14th February is Ash Wednesday, the service will include ashing, where a sign of the cross is made in ashes on the forehead.
- More applicants wanted to take advantage of home energy efficiency grants. Low-income households in the Derbyshire Dales can apply now for free grants to make their property more energy efficient. If you know someone who might benefit, please point them to this page on the DDDC website for information and on how to apply.
- Our church wishes to share the Church of England’s New Year message with you. You can find it in full on the St Leonard’s page here.
- The County Council has released the timetable for the mobile library service for November to January. You can find the Monyash dates in our Diary here and full details from the Council on their Mobile Library webpage here.
- Monyash Quilters, a friendly group with a wide range of creative talent who love making beautiful quilts and anything crafty, meet every Tuesday afternoon from 2-4. Drop into one of our meetings in the Village Hall as a taster to see what we do and if we can tempt you to join.
- The churches in the White Peak and Youlgreave benefices now use a national website designed specifically to share church information and you will find full details on St Leonard’s page here.
Visit our News page for more details.
If you can’t find any information which you think might be useful, or if you think we have missed something out, please e-mail us from our “Contact Monyash” page, which you can find in the menu bar at the top of every page. We will be pleased to read your suggestions.