Welcome to the Monyash Website
Check out the News below and explore the site using the links in the menu at the top of the page.
This site contains pages of information about our village; b&b and holiday cottage accommodation, weather forecasts, maps and directions, parish council meeting papers and minutes, local amenities and events, the village’s history, and lots more…
Photographs by Mike Williams
- You can view or download details of services and other St Leonard’s events for December here. The churches in the White Peak and Youlgreave benefices have scheduled services to the end of 2022. They all now use a national website designed specifically to share church information and you will find full details on St Leonard’s page here.
- The Macmillan coffee morning on 1st November at the Bull’s Head raised an amazing £1600! A huge thank you to everyone who donated and everyone who helped out.
- The pub will hold its annual Pie and Peas evening on Thursday 17th November, starting at 17:00. You can choose from suet or shortcrust pastry for your meat&potato pie, served with mushy peas, mashed swede, pickled red cabbage and crusty bread to mop up! There’s Homity Pie available too. Takeout and delivery can be arranged.
The cost is £12.50, of which £2 will be donated to St Leonard’s.
- With great regret, the White Peak Walk committee has decided to hold no more walks. After over thirty years of hard work, raising a staggering £75,000 for village causes and a few associated charities, the committee members have decided to retire. They’ve written a farewell letter which you can read or download here.
- Low-income households in the Derbyshire Dales can apply now for free grants to make their property more energy efficient. If you know someone who might benefit, please point them to this page on the DDDC website for information and on how to apply.
- The County Council has released the timetable for the mobile library service from August to early November. You can find the Monyash dates in our Diary here and full details from the Council on their Mobile Library webpage here.
- We’ve kindly been sent photos of the Adults’ Well Dressings from 1978 and 2013. We’re always happy to get more old Wells Dressing photos so if you have any you’d be willing to share (suitably credited, of course), please let us know. We’ve also added 2022 pictures. Check out our Well Dressing pages for details.
- Under the heading “Ukraine. Hope, and Unchanging Truth”, the church shares “A new light arrives”, a poem from Gideon Heugh, who writes for Tearfund and is a poet and environmentalist. You can read or download it here.
- Following the invasion of Ukraine, the church draws our attention to the joint statement from Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby and Archbishop of York Stephen Cottrell, who have condemned the Russian attack on Ukraine as “an act of great evil”. Their statement in full is on this page on the Church of England website.
Visit the St Leonard’s page here for more details on our church’s reaction.
- Pilates classes continue on Tuesday evenings from 18:00-19:00 in Monyash Village Hall. Thanks to everyone for their continued support. There’s a flyer that you can view or download here.
Visit our News page for more details.
If you can’t find any information which you think might be useful, or if you think we have missed something out, please e-mail us from our “Contact Us” page, which you can find in the menu bar at the top of every page. We will be pleased to read your suggestions.