Welcome to the updated Monyash Website
We’re now mobile-friendly and more accessible. Our menu is a bit different and the look and feel of the site are new, but the content is pretty much unchanged.
Check out the News below and explore the site using the links in the menu at the top of the page.
This site contains pages of information about our village; b&b and holiday cottage accommodation, weather forecasts, maps and directions, parish council meeting papers and minutes, local amenities and events, the village’s history, and lots more…
Photographs by Mike Williams
- The A619 is closed for roadworks for carriageway realignment and associated work from 16th to 29th May. Details are on the roadworks website here.
- The County Council has released the timetable for the mobile library service from June to August. You can find the Monyash dates in our Diary here and full details from the Council on their Mobile Library webpage here.
- There will be services on Sundays 1st, 8th (note change of time to 10:30) and 22nd of May at St Leonard’s and the licensing of Rev’d Adele Barker as interim Priest-in-Charge at All Saints Youlgreave on 24th May. Full details are on the St Leonard’s page here and in our diary here.
- Three new archdeacons have been appointed to help oversee and shape ministry in the Diocese of Derby. Visit the St Leonard’s page here for more details, including a statement from the Venerable Carol Coslett, the new Archdeacon of Derbyshire Peak and Dales.
- Under the heading “Ukraine. Hope, and Unchanging Truth”, the church shares “A new light arrives”, a poem from Gideon Heugh, who writes for Tearfund and is a poet and environmentalist. You can read or download it here.
- Following the invasion of Ukraine, the church draws our attention to the joint statement from Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby and Archbishop of York Stephen Cottrell, who have condemned the Russian attack on Ukraine as “an act of great evil”. Their statement in full is on this page on the Church of England website.
Visit the St Leonard’s page here for more details on our church’s reaction.
- Pilates classes continue on Tuesday evenings from 18:00-19:00 in Monyash Village Hall. Thanks to everyone for their continued support. There’s a flyer that you can view or download here.
- From Monday 20th September 2021, the church is open every day from 10:00 to 15:00. This will be kept under review, depending on how COVID plays out during the winter.
Visit our News page for more details.
If you can’t find any information which you think might be useful, or if you think we have missed something out, please e-mail us from our “Contact Us” page, which you can find in the menu bar at the top of every page. We will be pleased to read your suggestions.