The green is at the centre of the village, surrounded by the school, pub and Smithy Café. Dominating the green are the ‘king’ and ‘queen’ trees planted to celebrate the coronation of King George V and Queen Mary in 1910. Next to the war memorial is a market cross, the base of which dates back to the 14th century when Monyash was granted a charter to hold a weekly market. A small plaque at the narrow end of the green is the Europa Nostra Award presented to the village for a number of conservation initiatives.
We now have a book exchange, in the old phone box opposite the green.
Please use it!