This year we will close for Christmas at 4 pm on Tue 20th December, reopening at 10:00 on Fri 30th.
Our hours over New Year will be Fri 30th 10-4,
Sat 31st 9-4, Sun 1st 9-4, Mon 2nd 10-4. From Tue 3rd onwards, we will be back to normal hours.
As its name suggests, The Old Smithy Cafe, Bar and Bistro is housed within a former Blacksmith’s, in a building that is over 250 years old. Centrally located on the village green, adjacent to the Bull’s Head, The Old Smithy is a well-established, family-run business popular with locals and visitors alike.
The Old Smithy has a good reputation for serving excellent food. The specialities include the renowned Smithy’s all-day Breakfast and a selection of delicious homemade cakes. It’s ideal for walkers, cyclists and other visitors to Monyash. The slogan ‘Muddy Boots Welcome’ says it all.
With a drinks licence, there is a wide range of wines, spirits and worldly beers on offer, to suit all tastes. The addition of an extension has increased the capacity to meet the popular demand. The Old Smithy also caters for pre-booked evening meals, offering a special bistro/restaurant style menu ideal for birthdays, reunions, and other get-togethers.
- Long established walkers and cyclists cafe with a full drinks licence.
- A member of Peak Cuisine specialising in using all local produce.
- Famous for breakfasts also providing good quality lunches and home-baking.
- An olde worldly setting in a former village Blacksmiths Shop with original character.
- On a Saturday evening the cafe is transformed into a cosy bistro, offering relaxed candlelit dining for approximately 30.
- Vegetarian options always available.
- Ever changing seasonal menu.
- Pre-booking for the bistro is advisable, large parties are welcome.
For further details please contact the Old Smithy, either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phoning 01629 810190 or via the website