Please visit some of the sites listed below for more information on the surrounding area.
- Peak District Online (http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk). Heaps of information about places to stay and eat, and other things to do in the Peak District.
- Peak District Tourism Website (http://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/). Useful site with much information about the Peak District and things to do in the area.
- Flagg Nursery School (http://www.flagg.derbyshire.sch.uk). A great web site for our local nursery school in the neighbouring village.
- Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=53.195035,-1.7770101&z=16&hl=en&t=h). See Monyash using Google Maps
- Cycle Trails (http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/cycle). Lots of information about cycling around Monyash and the Peak District.
- Derbyshire Heritage (http://www.derbyshireheritage.co.uk/). A site that provides information about many interesting features of Derbyshire; prehistoric, ancient and modern.
- A Taste of the Peak District (http://www.thepeakdistrict.info). A general tourist information website for the Peak District and surrounding areas
- Derbyshire UK (http://www.derbyshireuk.net). Interesting site containing information about the county of Derbyshire.
- High Peak Interactive (http://www.highpeak.co.uk). Another site giving information about the many attractions in the Peak District.
- Derby Photos (http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk). Website containing hundreds of photographs of Derby and Derbyshire plus lots of historical data
- Hartington Surgery (http://www.hartingtonsurgery.co.uk/). Lots of really useful information about Hartington Surgery, including services offered and the ability to book appointments online.
- Bakewell Medical Centre (http://www.bakewellmedicalcentre.co.uk). Similarly, lots of really useful information about Bakewell Medical Centre, including services, opening times and online appointment booking.
- Bakewell, Hathersage and White Peak Villages Police SNT (https://www.facebook.com/BakewellSNT/). Facebook page for the local police Safer Neighbourhood Team. It will be used to update the public on what they are doing, appeals for information, success stories, events plus other useful community information. They ask, however, please do not use this for the reporting of crime. That should be done via 999 or 101 as appropriate.
- When is my collection? (https://www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/environment-and-waste/bins-recycling/when-is-my-collection). Derbyshire Dales DIstrict Council's web page about waste and recycling, including finding when your collection will be.
- Mobile Library (https://derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/services/mobile-libraries/mobile-libraries.aspx). Derbyshire County Council's web page for their Mobile Libraries service, including the county-wide timetable.
- Post Office branch finder (http://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder). Official search page for Post Office branches, including services and opening times.
Photograph by Shirley Johnston